Book document and no page breaks
Thomas Weuffel
2009-01-05 16:22:02 UTC
Hello,

I want to switch from LaTeX to Lout. At the moment I am checking Louts
capabilities. So I created a new document (book) and run Lout. The
resulting postscript file contains all the content, but no pagebreaks.
The whole document is one large page. I am using OS X and installed
Lout (Version 3.38) via Macports and I open the postscript file via
Preview (which converts it to PDF). Am I missing something?

Kind regards,
Thomas
k***@cas.mcmaster.ca
2009-01-05 16:29:48 UTC
Post by Thomas Weuffel
The
resulting postscript file contains all the content, but no pagebreaks.
The whole document is one large page.
[...]
Am I missing something?
Possibly the ``//'' before the ``@Text @Begin''?

Wolfram
Mark Summerfield
2009-01-05 16:31:40 UTC
Post by Thomas Weuffel
Hello,
I want to switch from LaTeX to Lout. At the moment I am checking Louts
capabilities. So I created a new document (book) and run Lout. The
resulting postscript file contains all the content, but no pagebreaks.
The whole document is one large page. I am using OS X and installed
Lout (Version 3.38) via Macports and I open the postscript file via
Preview (which converts it to PDF). Am I missing something?
Kind regards,
Thomas
I use book format all the time with no problems so I think you've
probably missed something. The structure of a book should be something
like this:

@SysInclude{tbl}
@SysInclude{book}
# other system includes
@Book
@Title{My Book}
//
@Include{introduction.lout}
@Include{chap1.lout}
@Include{chap2.lout}

The above would be in main.lout and the structure of introduction.lout
would be:

@Introduction
@Begin
@LP
Blah blah
@End @Introduction

and of chap1.lout (etc):

@Chapter
@Title{My First Chapter}
@Begin
@LP
Blah blah
@End @Chapter

You can do the whole lot in a single file if you prefer, but I find
breaking it down by chapter like this is helpful. Notice also that every
paragraph must be preceded by @LP or @PP.
--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy